Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday...

I have to admit that I haven't properly been in the garden for over a week, which is part of the reason I'm sharing another of my grandparent's postcards...

I've been spending a lot of time on trains over the last fortnight, but I have also 
been trying to get in a bike ride most days. This morning's bike ride ( ahead of the train journey I'm currently on ) was so beautiful; there were so many Hawthorn berries about, and the lichen was looking very fresh...

...the cycle path is full of wild flowers which I sort of thought must have finished by now because of the amount of Autumn berries about...

but, onto the postcard...
I can't quite decipher all of it but here is what I can make of it:

6pm Wednesday 11th September 1935 ( posted at 6:30 from Tenby to my Grandfather staying in Guernsey )


Hello Buddy Dear,
Have just returned from o.f ! Such a glorious ride.
Won't Cov seem flat when we get back? Haven't heard any more about getting back, Stones think 8am. Please come home safely love won't you?
Did you hear about Alan Cobham display at Blackpool? 1 pilot killed, also 2 passengers.
Rough sea and high tide tonight. Hope it won't be out for your crossing.
Best of love once more, love.
Ever with love, your Baby xxx





Hope you all have a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment